Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Best Bitter (cask) - Picaroons (Canada - New Brunswick - Fredericton)


Best Bitter (cask) - Picaroons (Canada - New Brunswick - Fredericton)

Very much hoppier than the regular version: resiny and fresh cut grass as well as a fairly bitter aftertaste. Still not a hop bomb by any measure. Also there is none of the caramel flavour I associate with Picaroons beers. Well balanced with malt, roasty and a little sticky but I still found it hop forward. I had the good fortune to have one of the first pints out of this cask and I found it was quite a bit hoppier than my second glass; quirks of cask beer perhaps.

This event at Marky's Laudromat Espresso Bar on January 10th was being held to raise funds for the employees of the Garrison District Ale House that has been temporarily shuttered due to fire damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment